Wednesday, January 03, 2007

All-Illpolo, Team Previews, Corrections, Etc.

I'm trying the entire site updated before the first week of January ends so we have a completely updated water polo site for the 2007 season with two months left to go before the actual games start. Getting all of the schedules isn't realistic but I can find and add as many of those as I can get my hands on (hint, hint...if you have a schedule you can send me or a link to the online version that would be greatly appreciated).

Well, the main purpose of this post is to discuss the All-Illpolo Teams and the soon-to-be posted Team Previews for the Top 20-30 teams and such. Without any kind of resource to look up the actual spelling of names, whether or not someone has graduated, or whether someone has moved, is injured, doesn't feel like playing this season, or decided to join the Fencing Team instead of play water polo...I am left to guess or assume that certain players will be playing for their respective teams this year. Also, there are teams who I just cannot find any information that I need about, which makes it hard to give anyone any props or recognition or even figure out how a team will do for this upcoming season, SO...

What I am asking is, if you say any minor mistakes like spelling errors; if you see anyone who is not playing this year or has graduated; or if you see someone not listed who probably should be but I overlooked them, please let me know as soon as possible. The main objectives are to #1) be accurate with names and teams so that players get recognition, college coaches can see their names, etc. and #2) to make sure that someone who definitely deserves to be recognized get their share of publicity.

NOW...if you want to take the time to send a preview for your team that is fine and I will take that into account, ALTHOUGH it would be so much more preferable if you urged your coach to do so instead. Especially if they or you feel there is someone missing that shouldn't be...ALSO, if it's someone who COULD be good but hasn't had the chance to show it yet, I'm sure when they get the chance to perform we will catch it here and they will get their fair share of recognition.

WOW, this is a long post...but last thing - as always, keep in mind that these lists and previews are just one opinion and are not meant to be any kind of "authority" on the sport or anything. And again, if there is a blatant mistake or error, just let me know and I'll correct it and get things right.

Let's start the polo season early!